Inform Racing Lay System
If you like laying horses instead of backing them, then you may be interested in the Inform Racing Lay System.
It is simple to use and if it takes you longer than 5 minutes to find the days possible selections, then you are doing something wrong!
The lay system is based around finding horses that perhaps peaked last time out, going by the speed ratings and despite the good form figures, may not be able to replicate the latest run today.
With a sensible minimum and maximum Betfair Starting Price range of between 4.0 and 10.0 inclusive, the system has an average strike rate per month of around 87%.
You can see the results which are updated on the link below on a Google Sheet, with the different months results shown on the separate tabs at the bottom of the sheet.
You will need to be a subscriber to Inform Racing to access the race cards and ratings to be able to use the system as it requires the speed ratings.
The system rules are below:
1. Handicap races only, both flat and jumps. Any number of runners.
2. Sort the LTO column to bring the highest rating to the top, or just find the highest rating in the Lto column.
3. Lay the top-rated horse in the Lto column whose last finishing position was either 2nd or 3rd. You can find this by hovering your mouse over the Lto rating for this horse and look at the finishing position in that race.
4. Price restrictions. It must be between a BSP of 4.0 and 10.0 inclusive.
5. There can be more than one top rated horse in the Lto column but if there can only be one of the top-rated horses that finished 2nd or 3rd, otherwise ignore the race.
The thinking behind this is that a horse that came close last time out (2nd or 3rd) and achieved the highest rating of all the runners today, may have exerted itself to its maximum or at least more than the other horses and will not find any extra today. Finishing 2nd or 3rd will often mean the horse will start a shortish price today. If it is under 4.0 then it may also be fancied or connections know more than we do. Over 10 and the risk is too high as they do win at bigger prices sometimes.
To be able to use this system, please click here to subscribe >>