The Selected Ratings System (SR System)
A systematic approach to using the speed ratings
The SR System takes 4 of the Inform Racing ratings and adds them up to find the top rated horse in a race which is then backed in the win and place market on Betfair.
You can now follow this system every day, all you need is a subscription to Inform Racing.
Using certain races and price filters for either place or win betting, early results have been very positive.
December 1st 2017 to March 31st 2018
Win Bets: +101.54
Place Bets: +59.82
All results are to Betfair Starting Price and include 5% commission removed from all winning bets.
Improve the results by using The Staking Machine
The Staking Machine is a piece of betting software that contains a number of Staking Plans and allows you to upload a set of results and automatically work out the profit/loss to any staking plan that you choose.
You can find out more about The Staking Machine by clicking here >>
You can copy and paste the full list of results and paste them into the Staking Machine, then play around with the staking plans, settings, price parameters and even the number of runners to see if you can improve the profits!
See the results in full
You can see all of the results to level stakes and when using the Staking Plans by clicking the button below. There are four tabs at the top of the link, please read the Explanation tab to understand the results shown.
The SR System rules are very simple.
- 1Log in to Inform Racing. You do need a subscription to Inform Racing to use this system.
- 2Add up the M+A rating, the Cse rating, The Dis rating and the Ability rating.
- 3The horse with the highest total is the horse to back for a win or a place.
- 4Only use races with between 4 and 12 runners declared and the horse must have a BSP in the place market of between 3.0 and 12.0 inclusive or a BSP in the win market between 7.0 and 20.0.
- 5If a race that had between 8 and 12 runners declared is reduced to 7 or less at the off, you can still bet on these races in the place market.
- 6By using Betfair to place the bets, you play by their place betting rules so you still get 3 places if there are non runners in the above races.
- 7If a selection is a non runner or the price of the selection is outside the minimum and maximum suggested price parameters, ignore the race. Do not substitute another horse just to make a bet.
- 8If there are joint top rated horses then ignore the race.
All the selections are provided for you on one simple list!
Manually adding up the ratings takes a lot of time and effort but we provide you with all of the days selections on our excel download, available to all subscribers.
1. Login to Inform Racing using your username and password.
2. Click the Download Excel link below the days list of meetings. (You will need Excel to use this feature).
3. Open the SRS Ratings tab on the downloaded sheet to get the list of all ratings for each race.
The logic behind the system
The four columns used all have a positive reason for being chosen.
Plus, you can automate all of your bets easily by using Betsender
Betsender is a neat piece of software that will place all of your bets automatically. It also has all of the staking plans contained in The Staking Machine, so you can choose a plan to use and Betsender will work out the stakes of your next bet, depending on what plan you are using, without you having to do any calculations at all.
You can also set the price parameters for the bets, so that Betsender only places a bet when the price is right.
You can try Betsender for free before you buy, here >>